How To Open Corrupt CorelDraw File – 5 Easy Methods
Have you ever encountered a Corrupt CorelDraw file? Here’s how to fix it easily. CorelDraw is software created for graphic design and used by many graphic designers some graphics designers experience this problem on how to open corrupt CorelDraw file easily. Every design in CorelDraw (logo, typography, artwork, and more) is saved as a .cdr extension. Sometimes a CorelDRAW file can get corrupted. Trying to open it would be a tedious task, especially if the file was not saved before the program crashed. In this article, we will share with you how to repair CorelDraw files with some simple methods. First of all;
What is a CorelDraw file?
As you already know about CorelDRAW, you somehow found a CorelDRAW file. When you design and save an artwork, it is saved as a CDR file. This is a vector graphics file that can be modified using a vector editing program that you can use. You can use any Corel program to open CDR files, such as Corel Photopaint, Coreltrace, etc.
Now let’s look at some methods for opening corrupt CorelDraw files.
The 5 Methods to Open a CorelDRAW File.
1. Repair damaged CDR file using “.zip” or “rar” formats
- You need to download WinRAR first to repair the corrupted CorelDraw file with “.zip” or “.rar” formats. First, you need to extract the files and the best tool for that is WinRAR or WinZip.
- After downloading, replace the filename with “.zip” or “.rar”
- Open the file in the WinRAR or WinZip application. Both tools have the potential to repair the zip file.
- Once the file is open, copy the riff data.CDR
- Create a new file in CorelDRAW and import it
2. Repair Corrupted CDR File With TEMP. Folder
If the above method didn’t help, then; you get the Corel drawing file from the temporary folder. This method certainly works. The damaged CDR file can be saved there and if so, then follow these steps:
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing WIN+R on your keyboard and type “%temp%”
- Look for the corrupted file with the extension .cdr
- Copy this file to the desktop screen
- Change the file extension from .cdr.temp to .cdr
- Then import it into CorelDRAW and you’re done. Check whether the file is recovered or not.
3. Fix the damaged CDR file by renaming the Temp file
Don’t worry if the problem isn’t solved yet. You have a few more options to try.
- CorelDRAW always changed the filename to “Backup filename.CDR” when it was saved the second time and if it was saved after the “save backup” permission.
- Windows do not allow you to save two files with similar names and locations at the same time. When you try to back up the file again this time, it will be saved as. tmp
- After the save process is completed, the .tmp file will be renamed to “Backup File Name.cdr” delete another file with the same name, it will help to rename the .tmp file to .zip. Then extract the data as desired.
4. How to recover a damaged CorelDraw file with CorelDraw Recovery Tool
- Download Recovery Toolbox for CorelDraw:
- Install the program on your computer
- Start the Program
- Choose the corrupted *.cdr file on the first page of the program
- Click Analyse button
- You can preview the recovered file from the damaged CDR file
- Click the Start recovery button to export the data into a new CorelDRAW file
5. Recover deleted or unsaved CorelDraw files with data recovery software
Save your essential files deleted by mistake. Scan files for free and get all your photos, videos, e-mail, and more. You can use Recoverit software to do this. It can restore more than 1000 file types from Recycle Bin, Desktop, to various storage devices. Let’s see how to recover the deleted CorelDraw files or retrieve unsaved files.
Step 1: Select Location
Download and install the software (recoverit). Click the “Deleted File Recovery” option to open. Choose a path for the file where you saved the lost file. Scan the files by clicking “Start”.
Depending on the size of the files, scanning all files takes a few minutes or a few hours.
Step 2: Preview and save
Save files, but it would be ok if you preview them first. Select a file and click the “Preview” where you can see the thumbnail. Restore it by clicking on “Recover”.
CorelDRAW is a superb vector drawing tool with self-explanatory features and an intuitive user interface. However, if you try to save a large number of files on the network drive and the CorelDRAW program crashes, the files need to be repaired. Then you can try any of the above mention methods to repair the CorelDraw file.
Check here to know how to download and install CorelDraw on your PC.
Don’t forget to subscribe and Share.