How To Make A Leaf In Inkscape – Easy Tutorial
This is an easy tutorial on how to make a leaf in Inkscape. This very simple sheet can be created by anyone using Inkscape. If you have any interest in creating a sheet similar to this one, please follow along as the sheet was created using a line tool and an editing tool in Inkscape.
We can find so many beautiful leaves when it is autumn. Or design it yourself, try different colors and use them as fall decorations.
In this post, we will show you how to draw autumn leaves with Inkscape. Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor that can be downloaded for free.
Step by Step on How To Make A Leaf In Inkscape
- Open the Inkscape program on your PC.
- Select the line tool
- On the left side, there’s the toolbox and we are going to use the line tool first.
- You can start drawing any type of leaf you want. You can start by placing the points with the line tool.
- Select editing tool
- You can add some curves with the editing tool. It can be found in the toolbar on the left side of your Inkscape.
- To add curves, locate the section you want to edit, tap and drag it left or right.
- You can add petiole and veins.
- Scroll to continue
- Now we add some points where the color will be different.
- Add add colors.
You can use these outline colors:
- for petiole and veins #d02929,
- for full sheet #841515,
- for the spots we used five colors: #9a5f24, #dc9224, #e4b423, #dac825 and #dee22a.
And for the filling I used these colors:
- for petiole and veins #d62f2f,
- for full plate #be170d
- for the spots we used five colors: #a8652d, #e38332, #e3ab32, #e3d132 and #e3bf32.
Use filters here àBlurs à Noisy blur.
Use filters here – Textures – Inkblot for petioles and veins
E Filters à Textures à Ink for whole leaves and yellow spots.
And our first leaf is ready.
Let’s try another leaf, we are using yellow this time. The colors can be changed and add different effects to get different leaves.
Here use color #643131 for stroke ink and #671208 for petiole and vein fill and color #ecde1e for stroke ink and #f3ac04 for full leaf fill.
The effect for the petiole and veins is Filters àTexturesàInkblot and for the whole leaf is Filters àTextures àRough Paper.
And that’s the third leaf with a slightly different shape.
We used color #6c112e for the brush strokes and #76212d for the stem and vein fill and color #b5100e for the brush strokes and #a5361d to fill the whole leaf.
The effect for the stem and the veins are Filters -Textures àInkblot and for the whole leaf, it is Filters àTextures àInk.
Related: See how to select multiple objects in Inkscape
Conclusion: How To Make A Leaf In Inkscape
With all the above mentioned I hope you will be able to make leaf in Inkscape, if this helps, see you next time! Please try to support vdtips by sharing this post thanks.