Many Adobe Photography Plan subscribers are shocked how to cancel Photoshop subscription when they try to leave – cancellation fee! What is happening, and what can you do about it?
We think Adobe subscriptions are incredibly valuable compared to what you paid for a traditional “perpetual” license. Although, if you wish to cancel your Adobe subscription, you may be in for a nasty surprise: a penalty.
This depends on the chosen Adobe plan and there are three types:
- MONTHLY SCHEDULE: With a monthly subscription you always pay for one month. If you decide not to need the application or subscription, you can cancel and you will have nothing to pay something else.
You have access until the end of the month you paid for and there is no cancellation fee. But not all Adobe plans come in this form, and those that do will be more expensive per month. For instance, Photoshop costs $31. 49 monthly on this basis, instead of $20 99 for a yearly subscription, paid per month.
- ANNUAL PLAN, PAID PER MONTH: This is the basis of all Adobe Photography plans and an option for all others.
You will save a lot of money – and Adobe’s photo plans are incredibly valuable imaging you get Photoshop, Lightroom, and more for only $ 9. 99 a month, but you must understand what you’re getting yourself into.
Even if you pay monthly, you sign up and commit for a whole year. If you want to unsubscribe early, you must pay a penalty equal to half of the remaining payments for that year.
- ANNUAL PLAN, PREPAID: They’re pretty much the same annual plans that you pay monthly, except you save a little more by paying all year in advance – but there’s one serious caveat. You can cancel if you wish, but you will not receive a refund. You paid a full year upfront, and that’s it.
Adobe’s photography plans make it inexpensive to use Photoshop, but keep in mind that you sign up for a full year and also pay monthly.
Is not right! Why do I have to pay Adobe cancellation fees?
It’s probably fair. If you insure a car for a year and cancel it halfway through, you won’t get all your money back. When you sign up for an Adobe Photography plan, you agree to a one-year subscription, and here again, you won’t get any money back if you cancel.
You can discuss that the possibility of paying monthly is a very welcome benefit, except that it tends to involve that you can start at any time without penalty. Unfortunately, that is not possible.
Adobe may be trying to do the right thing by asking you to commit to a full year in exchange for a lower monthly payment, but it doesn’t necessarily make that clear enough.
How much does the early release of the Photography Plan cost?
If you auto-renew every year and do not cancel, you will pay the price as possible: $ 9.99 / month or $ 19. 99 for the plan + 1 TB. If you decide to partially cancel, the following cancellation charges will apply (for a normal photo package). As you will see, there is some wiggle room at the beginning and end of this period:
|Adobe Photography Plan early cancellation fees|
|No of months in||Cancellation fee|
|End of free trial||$0|
|Up to 14 days||$0|
How to cancel Photoshop subscription
- Go to https://account.adobe.com/plans and sign in to your account
- Select Manage Subscription for the subscription you want to cancel
- Select Cancel your plan and follow the instructions
- You may be asked for a reason – be polite!
What is the best time to cancel?
The main points to remember are:
- Adobe Photography subscriptions are a one-year commitment, even if you pay monthly.
- If you want to depart early, you will pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the remaining amount.
- There are two exceptions: (1) if you cancel within 14 days subscription and (2) if you cancel after 10 months.
– In summary, cancel within 14 days of the beginning or wait up to 10 months.
- What happens to my property if I cancel? You will be redirected to a standard “free” account with 20 GB of storage to access any file stored in the cloud. You can no longer access Adobe applications.
When in doubt, ask for help! At the bottom of the Change subscription page (see steps above) you will find a Start Chat button for advice on more complex situations, such as changing, upgrading, or changing a subscription.
Don’t forget to share…. Check here for some Photoshop Tips and Tricks