Drag And Drop Problem In Photoshop – 2 Methods To Fix It Easily
Some people will find that Drag and drop problem in Photoshop doesn’t work when they start editing files. We also get emails from our readers saying that Photoshop won’t let me drag and drop, forcing them to open a new image using the Photoshop menu option.
This problem does not require you to reinstall your Photoshop. By making a small change to the system registry file, we can fix this. The problem has been around for a long time and you can even see in the comments section of official Photoshop websites that a large number of users are asking for the solution to their Photoshop drag and drop problem.
Fix drag and drop problem in Photoshop – Method 1
So, follow the steps below to fix drag and drop issues in Photoshop.
- Go to the Windows search area and type regedit. You will see the Run Regedit command item. Click here.
- In the Regedit window, double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Then double click SOFTWARE.
- Then you will see a big list, find MICROSOFT and double click on it.
- Then find WINDOWS and double click to open it.
- Then double-click CurrentVersion.
- Then find Policies and double click on it.
- Then double click on System
- You are now in the main menu area. Look at the available items on the right.
- From there you will see an entry called EnableLUA. Double click on it.
- Now a small window will open with the value of this item. You can see it by default; the value data set is 1. You need to change it to 0 and not change any other value (keep base as hexadecimal)
- Now click OK, it is now updated. Now restart your PC. After that, try Photoshop and see if the drag and drop option in Photoshop works or not.
Fix drag and drop problem in Photoshop – Method 2
Similarly, you could try starting Photoshop while holding down the Shift key to force third-party plug-ins and extensions to be ignored.
I hope the issue is now fixed for you. If it is working fine, then you can start editing with some good textures and presets on Photoshop. Please try to support vdtips by sharing this post thanks.
See how to fix your Photoshop if it’s running too slow