Color Correcting Tutorial In Photoshop – Easy Methods
Photography has never been more important these days, in this Color correcting tutorial in Photoshop, we will be showing you the Easy way of color correcting in Photoshop. Photography markets are always demanding. Photo editing can recreate ordinary images to make them more attractive and eye-catching. Helps improve the aesthetic beauty of properties by enhancing images.
With the right knowledge, it is essential to take advantage of photo editing. Photo editing is useful for portraits to display personal photos. Products promotion online is very important. You may consider designing your website by improving your photo editing skills. Like this, you can also apply for freelance jobs related to graphics, art, and design.
Color Correcting Tutorial In Photoshop
Tutorial on Photoshop Color Correcting Techniques
1. For Color Correction, Add Threshold and Curve Adjustment
If you want some of your images to look black and white, click Image and go to Adjustment, and choose Threshold and a curve dialog will appear. Dragging the dialog box layer darkens the moves to the left and brightens the image.
Alternatively, choose Layer, then New Adjustment Layer, and then click Threshold. Beware that the same dialog box will appear. Instead, you can switch to the Burn and Midtones tool and adjust the exposure to just 10%, and then you can choose the Eyedropper tool while holding the Shift button.
To add definition to the image, you can hold down the optional Run key to darken it or add exposure.
To adjust the white balance of an image, choose a white object and apply color correction. To get this, ensure you are on Curves.
Click on the appropriate area and a 4 point curve will appear. At this stage, be sure all the colored dots are on the same horizontal line. You can get this by clicking on the color buttons and dragging each color up or down to place it on the same horizontal line.
Related: How to Make a Photo X-Ray in Photoshop
2. Adjust Skin Tone
- To make your skin tone perfectly, you need to enhance it by dividing white, black, Latin, and Asian skin tones.
- Balance all the primary colors of magenta, yellow, black, and cyan.
- To achieve this, use Gradient Maps to update skin tones and color. Alternatively, choose Layer, then select New Adjustment Layer, select Gradient Maps, and then click OK.
- Click the Gradient Map icon and click Preset Brushes and scroll down to Photo Tone, then click OK.
- Now select the tone that suits you best.
- The blending mode can be changed to soft light and it’s up to you to adjust the opacity percentage.
- If you select the Blend option, only the shadows in the image will be adjusted.
3. Use Camera Raw Editor to adjust the white balance
- To adjust the white balance of the image, you can open the image in the Camera RAW editor to turn the image into a smart object
- Proceed to Filter and click Camera Raw Filter
- Select the White Balance tool and choose As Photo to automatically correct the white balance
- You take the eyedropper and drag it to choose the part you want to correct.
- It automatically breaks the color of the image to get a white balance
4. Adjust the Hue and Saturation layer
- You can simulate the curves with Hue and Saturation functions
- Hue and saturation are important for increasing color correction.
- With the image open, choose Layer, then New Adjustment Layer, and click Hue and Saturation.
- A Properties dialog box appears
- Adjust the tint level to your preference and it will change the colors of all objects in the image.
- Saturation, on the other hand, will add or remove all object colors in the photo. You can easily do some saturation work by clicking “Little finger” in the box and choosing the part you want to edit on the image. As you drag to the right, the image increases its saturation and decreases it to the left.
- Adjusting the lightness will make the image too bright or too dark. This affects the contrast of the image.
- You can also use the color range at the bottom of the dialog box. Specifies the range and focus to use.
- To add or reduce the color, click the eyedropper first and then click the selected area you want to edit. To add colors, select the eyedropper with the plus sign (+). Use the eyedropper with the minus sign (-) to reduce the colors.
Adjust color and tone of images with adjustment layers
- In the Adjustments panel, click the tool icon for the adjustment you want to make:
- For hue and color, click Levels or Curves.
- Click Color Balance or Hue/Saturation to adjust the color.
- To convert a color image to black and white, click Black and White.
- In the Properties panel, adjust the adjustment layer tool settings.
Adjust the color and tone of images in Camera Raw
- Choose File > Open.
- In the Open window, select one or more camera raw files, TIFFs, or JPEGs, and choose Camera Raw from the Format menu.
- Click Open.
- Use Adobe Camera Raw controls to adjust settings. You can use the Adjustment Brush to apply edits to specific areas of the image. For more information, see Make color and tonal adjustments in Camera Raw.
Conclusion: Color Correcting Tutorial In Photoshop Easy Methods
With all the above mentioned I hope you will be able to use color correcting in Photoshop easily, if this helps, see you next time! Please try to support vdtips by sharing this post thanks.